Saturday, April 16, 2011

I've received a MEME! It's more exciting than getting an Oscar!


Tag–I’m it. Melissa, author of the blog Depth, has tagged me with a MEME. I am to answer a few questions about myself then pass the MEME on to other bloggers I enjoy. It’s a fun, getting to know you, assignment.

Here goes:

1. If you could go back in time to relive one moment, what would it be?

I must cheat a bit and say it would be the birth of my two sons-hence two moments. Holding my new infants then raising my boys was the most amazing experience I've ever encountered. They are now incredible, wonderful, loving adults.

My 2 sons -early 1900s,  Fuji print film scanned to computer

2. If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?

I would have met my second husband much earlier in life which would give us, hopefully, more years together. We have been married 19 years and I believe we grow closer and more in love every year.

My wonderful hubby - Summer, 2010


3. What movie or TV character do you think you resemble most in personality?

I’d like to think Katharine Hepburn for her sense of the absurd, ability to laugh at herself, strength of character and kindness to others.

Katharine Hepburn


4. Which TV or movie character would you like to be?

That would be Audrey Hepburn for her humanitarian work with UNICEF, her grace, charm and compassion.


Audrey Hepburn

5. If you could push one person in the whole world off a cliff and get away with it, who would it be?

Hmmm, no real names but she knows who she is. I'd never do it, I don’t have it in me, but it’s nice to think about once in a while.

And I call her Spam


6. Name one habit you want to change in yourself.

My temper, when pushed too far I can really get going lol.

My great-great-grandfather Enos. A Connecticut Yankee.



7. Describe yourself in one word.

Content.

Content!


8. Describe the person who named you in this MEME in one word.

Loving.




9. Why do you blog? Answer in one sentence.

To teach others about photography, which is something I love.




10. Name at least 3 people or more to send this MEME, and then inform them.

Three blogs I love:

David Michael Smith at Erin Is Love
Bod For Tea at Bod For Tea
Matt Considine at Matt Considine Blog



Thank you Melissa for this opportunity to share a bit about myself with my fellow bloggers. If you don't already follow Melissa's blog I encourage you to do so - she is extremely talented. I always come away feeling blessed after reading her posts. You can find her at Depth



21 comments:

Melissa Tandoc said...

geez... i'm blushing here... thanks mari... i liked the way you presented it... one word to describe you, "patient"...;)

i always tell friends that they're never obliged to do this... so that it'll spring from their hearts naturally...

i'm so glad to know a bit more about you... it's really an icebreaker, since we never get to talk to each other...:)

thanks to you mari...

p.s. i also like audrey hepburn ;)...

David said...

Congrats on receiving a MEME and I love your answers with the accompanying photos. Also, thank you for mentioning my blog, I will try to do the honor justice. Look forward to viewing more of your fabulous photos!!!

Thanks, David

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your Meme.... even if I have no idea what it is. All I do know is, anything that makes you giddy like a school child has to be a wonderful thing. I enjoyed learning more about you with the Q &A, the Spam thing was hilarious lol

Alpana Jaiswal said...

Wow..the best I have read so far..you have taken such efforts to make it different,Congratulations Mari,you truly deserve it.

Michelle Reeves - Bod for tea said...

Isn't Audrey Hepburn just wonderful? nice meme this one, thanks for tagging me :D

Mari Sterling Wilbur said...

This really was fun - thank you again Melissa. I think I've seen all of Audrey Hepburn's movies, she was so glamorous but she also had such a wonderful sense of humor. I'm looking forward to reading about the folks I tagged :D

Jessica Brant said...

Mari,
A women after my own heart. I am glad you had the opportunity to answer those questions and tell us more about your self. I think my favorite point was meeting your husband sooner.
xoxox
JESSICA

Mari Sterling Wilbur said...

Jessica - we have a very romantic story. We consider ourselves very lucky.

cooking-varieties said...

hi mari..congrats for receiving the MEME..you are always so popular because of your outstanding talent as well as your great character which makes other bloggers get along very well with you.

Sebab said...

That was really nice to know more about you. All the previous posts were mostly your beautiful work and this is the only time we all got a chance to get to know you better. Thanks for it and looking forward to see lots of good work and teachings from you.

Mari Sterling Wilbur said...

Thank you Wan for you comment - your words are very nice. We are still using your wonderful recipes from your blog and love them!

Mari Sterling Wilbur said...

Hi Sailor - loved your latest blog post! Thank you for your comment, I appreciate it.

Debra said...

Mari, congratulations on the MEME award. Katherine Hepburn is a great lady to resemble in personality – she was a generous and beautiful soul. “Content” is a good place to be!

Love and blessings,
~ Debra

Mari Sterling Wilbur said...

Thanks Debra - Katherine Hepburn was a very strong woman, I like to think I have the same trait. Not sure, but hope so.

Sparrow Photography 520 said...

I absolutely love and adore Audrey Hepburn. She's my idol. I really enjoy your blog and you have a new follower. ^_^ Kudos!

SandyMDesigns said...

Like how you have the photos and the answers here.

Rachel Hoyt said...

Very cute. :) I am now wondering if I was supposed to answer specific questions in my meme. Hmmm...

Sandy's network said...

Like how you have the photos and the answers here.

Mari Sterling Wilbur said...

http://tinyurl.com/5ujb269

Mari Sterling Wilbur said...

Hi Sailor - loved your latest blog post! Thank you for your comment, I appreciate it.

Mari Sterling Wilbur said...

Thank you Wan for you comment - your words are very nice. We are still using your wonderful recipes from your blog and love them!