Saru at the incredibly delicious and artful blog Creative Cakes by Saru has awarded me with the "One Lovely Blog Award". One look at her wonderful blog and the pastries she makes and you'll know just how talented she is. Her magic is created from ingredients like drops of dark chocolate, butter cream, sugar and flavored rum. YUM!
The One Lovely Blog Award requires that I list 7 things about myself. So, I must think about my answers so I'm not redundant to my Versatile Blogger post. Let's see what I can come up with.
1. I have no grandchildren. For years I longed for them - not so much any more. Maybe I no longer wish to babysit!
2. As I grow older I become more and more selfish with my personal time.
3. I make pottery and I'm working on a wild design (and I do mean wild) for my cremation urn. I will make it myself. As the Girl Scouts say: "be prepared".
4. I love my hubby, I love my horse, I love my dogs. Not always in that order.
5. I hate confrontation, except with my neighbor, who lets her dogs poo in my garden beds.
6. Aging kinda' sucks - I had to give up ice cream. Not even Lactaid works!
7. Life is good and really does beat the alternative - whatever that may be.
Now I get to pass this award on to bloggers I admire. I'd like to introduce you to 6 blogs I've recently started following and love. Take a look -
Rogue Artists Speak
JJ Botta at The Disconnected Writer
Christina's Daily Paintings
Studio 48 Tango
Thank you Saru at Creative Cakes by Saru for honoring me with this award. I'm very flattered! Be sure and visit her site and check out her amazing creations.
My Hubby, my horse and our dogs:
|My Hubby - He's a great guy!|
He's always #1!!
|Mica- registered name "Slightly Painted"|
She's a gorgeous Red Roan
|Frankie our Border Collie|
|Sir Rob Roy of Mayhem|
Our West Highland White Terrier
We rescued her from the Humane Society